First-Year students entering in Fall 2023: to get an idea of the scholarship you may be eligible for, see the chart below using your high school GPA (weighted) or your ACT or SAT score.
*Please note that the above grid only applies to first-year students entering the College in Fall 2023 excluding United World Colleges.
Not on the grid?
Don’t worry! At Lake Forest College, we know that our students are more than just a number. We are searching for interesting, well-rounded students to add to our already diverse community. Your engagement with the College, accomplishments in and out of the classroom, leadership potential, course preparation, and more will be taken into consideration by our holistic review. Don’t hesitate to apply!
Those students who are applying without submitting their ACT or SAT scores must schedule an interview with their admission counselor as soon as possible. We believe that this conversation tells more about a student’s drive and passion for learning than a standardized exam. Students who apply test-optional will be reviewed for scholarship on an individual basis using our holistic review process.
As an institution that is truly diverse in every sense of the word, we at Lake Forest College pride ourselves in our holistic admissions review. Whether you find yourself on the above grid or not, your admissions counselor will review your file for scholarship consideration based on qualities that we know make a successful Forester. Beyond just a GPA or test-score, we are looking for students that want a personalized academic experience, paired with the world-class opportunities that Chicago has to offer.
Academic scholarships from the College are renewed with continued, full-time enrollment and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Additional requirements can be found here.
Forester scholarships (Fine Arts, Carnegie English, etc.) are renewed by the respective department conditional on meeting the specific scholarship requirements. Renewal decisions are made every spring.
Fine Arts Scholarships
The Application Process
Steps to complete the Fine Arts Scholarship application
1. Apply to Lake Forest College
2. Complete the Fine Arts Scholarship Application (22-23 applications coming soon)
3. Finalize the application by submitting your audition or portfolio via email or mail
Contact Lexie Nogulich with any questions.
Fine Arts Renewal Requirements
In order to remain eligible to renew the Hixon Theater Scholarships, students must:
- In the Spring semester of each year, submit a scholarship renewal application to the department chairperson for approval.
- Enroll in at least one Theater Department Class per academic year and participate in at least two department shows in any capacity such as acting, stage crew, dramaturgy, public relations, etc.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 and adhere to the participation requirements of the department.
In order to remain eligible to renew the Reid Music Scholarship, students must:
- Actively contribute to the music department, and maintain membership in a department ensemble. All scholarships will be evaluated individually by the Music Department every spring to determine renewal of the award.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
In order to remain eligible to renew the Durand Art Scholarship, students must:
- Complete at least one course in the Art or Art History Department per academic year.
- Attend at least two openings at the Sonnenschein and Albright Galleries per semester.
- Take part regularly in other arts-related co-curricular activities throughout the year.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
Carnegie English Essay Contest
If you are applying as a first-year student for the fall of 2022, and plan to study English either through the literature or creative writing track, we invite you to participate in our annual Carnegie English Essay Contest. Five winners will be awarded $2,500 annually.
Do you have a voracious appetite for reading and writing? Does a blank page make your heart race with the endless possibilities for filling it? Submit your essay today for a chance to earn more toward your education.
- Submit an essay, between 500 and 1,000 words answering one of the following questions:
- Why write?
- Why study English literature?
- You must be admitted as a first-year student to Lake Forest College for the Fall 2022 term to be awarded the annual scholarship.
- You must major in either literature or creative writing track of the English major
- The Fall 2022 Submission deadline is March 1, 2022.
This is a chance to showcase your talent and be rewarded for it, so get those creative juices flowing.
Submit your essay today!
Horizon Full-Tuition Scholarship
We are excited to share a full-tuition scholarship opportunity supported by Horizon Therapeutics plc. This $500,000 investment has been made to support economically disadvantaged and underrepresented students to further their Liberal Arts and Health Professions education.
“Thanks to Horizon’s generosity, two fortunate students will be able to further their education in the College’s Health Professions Program, as well as take advantage of opportunities provided by our partnership with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science,” said Stephen Schutt, president, Lake Forest College.
What is the Horizon Scholarship?
Two Horizon Scholars will receive four-year, full-tuition academic scholarships to join the Health Professions Program (HPP). In addition, Horizon will assign a mentor to each scholar and provide professional development and networking opportunities.
Who is eligible?
Selection will be limited to economically disadvantaged first-year students entering the College in Fall 2022 with an interest in pursuing a career in the healthcare field. Preference will be given to underrepresented students from Lake County or greater Chicago.
How do I apply?
Students must apply for admission to Lake Forest and complete a supplemental Horizon Scholar Program Application by the January 15 admission deadline to be considered. A cohort of admission counselors and faculty members will select the first two Horizon Scholars. Scholars will be notified in March.